On March 10th, 2019, our society held its first Board elections following the Society’s establishment on May 15, 2016. Following deliberations of achievements accomplished in the last 3-year term, the election process started and the new elected President of the Society is Anna Noti.
In serving as president of the Himarrioton Society in New York for the last three years, I want to thank all the board members that served and all the society members that contributed in laying the foundation of this society. There were enough achievements made that we should all feel proud for the work that was done, to name a few:
• Annual participation of our Society with its own float on the Greek Independence Day Parade.
• Publishing of society’s annual calendar with photos and historical information about Himarra.
• Monetary assistance to the 8-th Grade Greek School (Omiros)
• Purchase of 5 traditional costumes (paradosiakes stoles)
• Annual Kopi tis Pitas Event and multiple other events that have elevated the name of our region in the Greek-American Community
Going forward, I want to wish the newly elected Board Members and the new President the best of luck to maintain their focus and efforts in the unity of our community in New York and Himarra and the well-being of its members. As a member of the Society and a patriot of Himarra, I will throughout strive to contribute as much as I can where needed.